If you need a COVID test in Benidorm, there are a few places where you can get the PCR test or the antigen test or rapid test locally. At the moment, it’s compulsory to produce a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours when you arrive at an airport or port in Spain, however, if you’re a resident in Spain and think you need to take a test, or if you’re on holiday in Benidorm and need to get a test, there are a few places you can go.
Where can I take a COVID test in Benidorm?
There are various places where you can get a test in Benidorm. I would recommend going to one of the following places as they speak English and will be able to assist you efficiently and with a very high quality of care.
- Hospital Clinica Benidorm
- IMED Levante
What type of test should I take?
- ELISA ANTIBODY TEST: If you don’t have any symptoms and you want or need to know if the you have had COVID-19.
- If the Rapid TEST ELISA is positive or in the IGM marker (recent infection).
- In cases with patients who present symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- If you have been in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19.
- To prove that you no longer have the infection. Once the PCR test is negative, it is understood that the infection is no longer active and is no longer contagious.
- Rapid Antigen Test: This test, due to its reliability and speed to obtain the result, is very useful for the following cases:
- Rule out infection in close contacts.
- Study of contacts in groups.
- Rapid diagnosis in emergency cases.
How is the test performed and how long until I receive the results?
- ELISA ANTIBODY TEST: This test is a blood extraction. The results can come back within 24 hours.
- PCR: A sample consisting of a nasopharyngeal swab. The results are within 24 hours.
- Rapid Antigen Test: Performed using a nasopharyngeal smear. Results are in 15 minutes.
The results of the two types of tests can be known in 24 hours, except if the tests are carried out on a Friday, then they will be given on Monday morning.
COVID tests at Hospital Clinica Benidorm
Elisa Antibody Test: Monday to Friday. Opening hours
PCR: Monday to Friday 8:30-11am and Monday to Thursday 5:30pm-7pm
Rapid test: Monday to Friday 12-2pm
You can call the clinic on Monday to Friday from 8 a.m to 8 p.m on (+34) 96 585 38 50.
COVID tests at IMED Levante
From Monday to Friday 8:00-14:00 and from 16:00-22:00. You will need to make an appointment by going on the IMED website or calling the hospital on (+34) 966 87 87 87. The hospital speaks Spanish and English.
PRICE TESTS. (WITH INSURANCE)
- ELISA ANTIBODY TEST: 60 euros
- PCR: 120 euros
- RAPID ANTIGEN TEST: 40 euros
- RAPID ANTIBODIES TEST: 30 euros
How to make an appointment for a COVID19 test in Benidorm
The clinics will speak English and Spanish. You will need to make an appointment at either of the clinics, you can do this by calling the clinic or making an appointment online.